Telling your son not to “be such a girl” lets his sister who overhears the conversation know that being a girl is not a good thing and she should be sorry and ashamed of herself.
It also reminds your son that being a boy is better than being a girl and therefore he is better than any girl he will ever meet.
In russian if you cry you get called a cabbage. Vote to change “dont be such a girl to “dont be such a cabbage” say I.
R.I.P. The 2976 American people that lost their lives on 9/11 and R.I.P. the 48,644 Afghan and 1,690,903 Iraqi and 35000 Pakistani people that paid the ultimate price for a crime they did not commit
this is the only september 11th post I’m reblogging
1. When a boy who leaves goosebumps on every inch of your skin tries to play you his favorite song, don’t let him. He’ll get it stuck in your head and under your fingertips and when he leaves, you won’t be able to listen to it without feeling like you’re choking.
2. Don’t let him touch you all over no matter how much you want to feel him against you. Leave a few spots untouched so that when you’re sleeping alone again, at least your left wrist and an inch of your right hip won’t sting with the remaining burn of his mouth.
3. Don’t let him break your ribs.
4. Don’t watch the sunset with him. He’ll poison it. You won’t be able to look at the sky without swallowing a mouthful of him.
5. Don’t mistake wasps for butterflies. Sometimes when you feel your stomach flutter and your hands start to shake it’s pain, not love.
6. Just because he tells you he loves you doesn’t mean he’s going to stay.
7. It’s okay to delete his number after he kisses the pretty girl he met when he was drunk. It’s okay to leave when he hurts you. You don’t have to keep falling into him.
8. When he tells you that you’re beautiful, try to remember that you were beautiful before him too.
9. Just because he reads and smokes cigarettes and talks about the stars doesn’t mean he’s your soulmate.
10. After you kiss him, remember to wash your mouth out right away so he doesn’t burn into your tongue.
11. He’ll kiss you in the rain and take you to little coffee shops. He’ll brush your hair out of your eyes and kiss your nose. He’ll grab your waist and whisper in your ear but six months later you’ll find yourself drunk texting him that you miss him and he won’t respond.
12. Your heart is going to break a million times. It’s going to feel like the world is falling apart around you. Your lungs will stop working some nights. You find yourself grabbing at your bones trying to hold yourself together. You’re going to feel like you’re dying. It’s going to be okay. You’ll find someone else to kiss you goodnight."
1. You traced the outline of my lips over and over and over again until you knew them like the first line of your favorite book. I found that book in the garbage bin inside your room last night. fuck.
2. You’re in me. Every part of me. I’ve got you in the tips of my fingers and the spaces inside my ribcage, you’re on my tongue and in my teeth and I tore myself apart trying to get you out of me but you’re still here
3. Do you remember when we stayed in that motel with the shower that got cold after 5 minutes and thin blankets so we showered together and twisted into each other while we slept? We got locked out of the room and you picked the lock with a credit card and got us back in. I tried to lock you out of my heart but you keep picking the fucking lock.
4. The way your tongue molds words into stars in your mouth that burn my skin when you speak
5. Yeah I liked you but I figured you were nothing more than someone to kiss when I was bored and then suddenly I’m laying in bed and thoughts of you wash over me like a tidal wave and everything was you. you. you. you. and your voice and your laugh and the way your eyes lit up when you told me you loved me and the way you bit your lip and pushed my hair off my face when you kissed me. I drowned when I realized I was in love with you. I still find myself coughing up water sometimes.
6. Saying your name makes my lungs collapse in on themselves I swear to god I feel so sick when I think about you. You’re all I think about
7. You told me you missed me and I think I died. Maybe thats why I’m always so numb.
8. You were mine and I was yours and we were bulletproof. I should’ve seen this coming when I found that gun in your underwear drawer
9. You planted flowers in my backyard and I ripped them out of the ground after you left but they keep growing back
10. I’ve got scars and they spell out your name"